Today I will share a easy recipe for garlic Raw Vegan Cream Cheese I used on my pizzas.
This is such an easy recipe to make and is a great alternative to using normal cow cheese on your pizza. You can even create your own "cream cheese" flavour by adding cracked peper, chili, garlic, nutritional yeast if you want it really cheesy, and these are only a few ideas!
This recipe is great to make as a dip, and the ingredients and variations are endless, AND it only takes 5 minutes to make!
Check out my previous Buckwheat Pizza recipe!
- How about a Pumpkin-Cashew dip??
- Sour cream & dill! - yum I think this will be the next flavour!
- or a Pesto-Walnut dip?
- Sundried Tomato-Hemp seed dip sounds amazing too!
Tip: Just combining this basic recipe below with a vegetable or legume, even beans and you get a fast and easy dip or spread.
- This cream cheese is great with raw veggie sticks like carrots, red capsicum, cucumber, zucchini. It makes a great movie snack!
- You can also use it in sandwiches, or on toast.
- Or use it on top of your favorite pizza.
- Use it as a dip for rice crackers.
- Use it on top of baked potatoes/sweet potatoes - delicious! I can't get enough :)
- Have I convinced you yet?
- 2/3 cup raw cashews*
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- about 1/2-2/3 cup of water depends how creamy you want it!
* for best digestion, soak the cashews for 8 hours
* use any other nuts or seeds that you love like: almonds, walnuts, pecans, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds..
Directions: Blend all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor until you get a smooth creamy cheesy paste. Add more water if you need to. That's how easy is this!
Store in a the fridge for about a week, if it lasts that long!!
Enjoy this recipe and let me know if you try it! xx
Today's Mantra: Be kind.